Education in Australia is one of the best things you can have! Government officials have made education matchless along with making it all-time available and highly accessible to everyone. With feasible options of scholarships and other financial support programs, they have been successfully attracting all the intellectual scholars.
If you are an international student, you must start preparing a long time ago. Finding the right degree in a suitable institute or academic center, getting the paperwork done, and then processing your visa application, all it needs is time and unlimited effort. If you are forgetting one thing in your planning, is that you require to pass your English test score in flying colors to get enrolled in an Australian university. In total, you are offered 5 choices of English tests that are acceptable for an Australian student visa:
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
It is one of the most popular and renowned language proficiency tests. It can be of two categories. One is for educational or academic purposes. It is specially tailored for university admissions and to meet the criteria of your professional work means employability. Second is the General Training, which offers hand-on or practical engagement. It might be the requirement for migration to any English-speaking state.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
TOEFL comes in the second spot in respect of demand, acceptability, and surety. It is recognized by many prestigious universities, all around the globe. TOEFL demands applicants to complete all the given educational assignments. It usually consists of four basic assessments: listening, reading, speaking, and writing. All in English!
Occupational English Test (OET)
You must pass this test if you are from the medical field or intended to get admission to medical schools in Australia. It is a test, especially for the healthcare sector. It constitutes 4 main qualifications as an hour of reading, 50 minutes of listening, 45 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of speaking.
Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
Cambridge is also accepted in Australian academic institutes. It has three English language training:
- Schools that features the basis of foundational English capabilities
- General and Higher Education is the one which offers the opportunity to those who wish to continue their studies
- Business is the last and highest qualification crafted for specialists in worldwide workplaces
Pearson Test of English (PTE)
You can say it is easier in comparison to other tests but it is accepted in Australia on the same criteria. It comes in an exclusive 3-steps format First is speaking and writing, second is reading and third is listening. It is based on MCQs as well as SEQs. The best part is that in case of having the answer that is half correct, can be evaluated partly.
When you are planning on giving one of the 5 English languages, there are various proficiency levels you can accomplish.
- 5 bands for IELTS in every component
- No less than B grade in every section of OET
- 4 in listening and reading each with 14 in writing and speaking each for TOEFL
- 36 Overall in PTE
- 154 score for every module of CAE
- 4.5 bands in IELTS
- 32 score in TOEFL
- 30 marks for PTE
- 147 marks for CAE
For points tested Skilled visas
- Minimum 7 bands in IELTS for every component
- Minimum B grade for every section in OET
- 24 for listening and reading each with 27 for writing and 23 for speaking in TOEFL
- No less than 65 scores overall in PTE
- Minimum 185 points in every component for CAE
- Minimum 8 bands in every component of IELTS
- A grade in every OET module
- 28 in listening and reading each with 30 in writing and 26 in speaking for TOEFL
- No less than 79 in overall PTE
- At best 200 scores for every section of CAE